One Phone Call For Promise Neighborhoods
On Tuesday, a Senate subcommittee will vote to determine the future of the Promise Neighborhoods program.
Today, your voice is more crucial than ever. Sen. Tom Harkin – the chairman of that key subcommittee – and Sen. Richard Shelby – the ranking member – need to hear from you
Call Sen. Harkin at 202-224-3254
Call Sen. Shelby at 202-224-5744
Tell Sen. Harkin and Sen. Shelby:
- Fully Fund the Promise Neighborhoods program at $150 million for FY 2012
- There is strong support for Promise Neighborhoods across America, and in your community.
- All children deserve to live in safe, healthy communities, go to a good school, and graduate from college
- This is a proven, economically pragmatic solution to childhood poverty—we’ve learned from the lessons of the Harlem Children’s Zone
- If we want America to succeed tomorrow, we need to invest in our children today.
Your voices have been loud and strong. With one phone call, you can help ensure millions of children benefit from the Promise Neighborhoods program.