Congress May Gut Promise Neighborhoods Funding

Funding for the Promise Neighborhoods program — one of the most innovative and exciting federal efforts to combat poverty and lift up millions of poor children –- is in jeopardy.

With $10 million in funding from the Department of Education last year, 21 communities were able to begin planning their own Promise Neighborhoods — uniting nonprofits, health centers, schools, faith leaders, and foundations to wrap children in a system of support and help break the cycle of generational poverty.

These communities — and the more than 300 additional communities that applied for funding — need continued support from the federal government.

You can help make this right.

Add your organization to this letter to show your community’s support for President Obama’s full $150 million request for Promise Neighborhoods in FY 2012.

Send your organization name to Kisasi Brooks at kisasi@policylink.org to join the hundreds of groups calling for continued funding for Promise Neighborhoods.

Read the letter below:

10 Responses to “Congress May Gut Promise Neighborhoods Funding”

1. avatar

All these NGO's are serving their life for a great purpose to serve the humanity. We all have people in our surrounding who need our attention and we only survey them by funding a part of our salaries to meet their basic needs of life.

2. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 17. Mar, 2016 at 7:39 am

I’m inspired with the surpassing and preachy listing that you furnish in such little timing.Vintage Rugs

3. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 17. Mar, 2016 at 5:58 pm

I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”silicone phone case

4. avatar

I dead consider joyous when I acquire articles pertinent to my process and my issue.Resort Injury Lawyer Key West

5. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 26. Mar, 2016 at 9:00 am

Your contents force out your readers for commenting.auto accident attorney West Palm Beach

6. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 13. Apr, 2016 at 4:37 pm

A system of support and help break the cycle of generational poverty.boca raton personal injury lawyer

7. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 14. Apr, 2016 at 8:19 am

Your articles are very well written and unique.Plantation Personal Injury Lawyer

8. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 16. Apr, 2016 at 9:10 am

I have been intelligent for hours and I haven't gone through such awesome stuff.autoasesor

9. avatar
    scentsyconsultantperth 20. Apr, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I have been getting a lot of useful and informative material in your website.miami strippers

10. avatar